Saturday, November 14, 2015

Veterans Days 11K

Wish I had brought the kids! It ended up being a lot warmer than I assumed it'd be. Photo with myself and my friend Layla + her boys. She was actually my only friend there - I was surprised - usually I "run" (punny!) into more people I know at races. Though I did pass my entire Swift team on their usual Saturday morning Centennial Trail long run. They must be figuring out by now that I'm the oddball of the group...rarely showing up to group runs, but racing every weekend.
Weird distance, right? 11K, in honor of Nov 11th, Vet Day. Though I think the course was short - more like 10.5K or so.  I was the first female with 2 guys ahead of me, and I think my mile pace was around 6:15.  Still dreaming of getting it down to 6 flat. Dreaming, not working on. I really should start training more - like intervals/speed workouts. Maybe in the Spring. Or if I magically get any races coming up I'm really excited about.  Actually the next one is the Jingle Bell 5K, which apparently is a big deal around here, so I'm going to try my best to do well. A sub-19 would be lovely. 
Yay for Veterans! Go America!

No comments: