Tuesday, November 17, 2015

SURPRISE! Bar Mingo. Baby shower. Earthworm.

See how I'm smiling? That's cuz this bottom picture was taken BEFORE I almost died. An earthworm attacked me. I didn't do anything to deserve that kind of brutality.  Except order a salad with organic fresh field greens. Silly me for assuming they'd WASH the greens first.
I almost feel bad for the waitress, who looked nothing less than mortified as I alerted her to the crisis. I accepted her apology quite gracefully, I believe, with a "well, at least I know I won't be seeing a tab for this."
Though I would've preferred no insect encounter to a free meal.  It scarred me for life.
I'll be inspecting every restaurant meal from this time forward.
ohmyword. I'm missing the whole point here.
BABY SHOWER! Jocelyn and Brady are having #3 next month! So - SURPRISE! - all her Smith sister-in-laws show up in her town for a quick fun playdate! We put together a pampering basket as a group gift utilizing Jenny's arrangement skills. And mom gave a bunch of things, as always (love language = GIFTS!)  I'm so glad we did this trip! It's our first time doing anything like this - all together, no boys - and I hope we do it again sometime. Preferably on a beach somewhere warm though. Cuz Portland, while very beautiful and fun and fantastically crunchy, rains a lot.
Yay for babies!  I predicted a girl, Dec 21, 11:03pm, 7lb 4oz.  But my actual prediction is that I'm totally off, because I'm never good at guessing these things. 

No comments: