Monday, November 9, 2015

Happy birthday SammyJo!

When Sammy first came to the hospital about 3 weeks ago, I was so hopeful she'd be home in time for a birthday party at her own home. Sadly, nope, she's still at Sacred Heart. But we sure are grateful for good medical care! Pretty amazing to think about what they're able to do to improve her life that couldn't have been done 10, 20 years ago. Our timing was amazing today - she had been sleeping almost all morning until I got there. Then boom - it's like she knew the party would start! We sang to her, read books, gave Sammy her gift of new beaters,  took pictures, and just chatted about the blessing her 36 years so far on earth has been. I love my Samantha. It's so fun for me to have my daughter share a birthday with her special aunt. I hope Sammy sticks around long enough for them to get to know each other better! All Charity had to say to Sammy today was, "you not talking to me?"  We'll have to work on her social skills. At least Sammy was kind enough to give us some great smiles! That made my day.
We stopped at Edible Arrangements on the way home to pick up her birthday "cake." I wish Sammy could enjoy it with us! But her days of eating solids are sadly over. For now. Who knows what the future brings - I believe in miracles!   

No comments: