Thursday, April 12, 2012

Best idea ever. I hope.

So it's annoying having two highchairs in our small-ish kitchen.  They take up a lot of room. They're hard to clean because food crud gets everywhere and I find myself scrubbing all those edges, bars, sides, backs, etc.  so very often it's ridiculous.  Or I find myself NOT doing that, and it builds up to the point where I can identify meal remnants from a few weeks' past.  Very sanitary.
I've been thinking of switching them to booster seats.
But I feel like those aren't any cleaner or very safe - since of course my toddlers want to get in and out BY THEMSELVES... 
Independence is annoying. 

But at Costco today I had a revelation. I saw this product and the lights went off. It was as if there was a beacon of light streaming down from parting clouds with heavenly choirs singing.
A mini table! Right in the kitchen!
Maybe not the classiest thing, but - SO PRACTICAL! It actually isn't as big as it might appear in this photo. Four small children would max it out. It folds down easily and FLAT - so very portable and hideable, if needed.  Cleaning will be so much easier - just wipe down the top, seats, and clean the floor underneath - which I have to do anyway.  Often. Very often.
So I'm selling my highchairs online - or maybe to someone in the twin's club - and it will almost cover the cost of buying this. Hooray!  I'll report on how it goes and if I end up regretting this. But I don't think I will. I think my kids and I will love it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have a mini picnic table that we keep in our kitchen. My kids love it and it's perfect for snack and craft time. ours was made by grandpa, so it doesn't fold flat, but that would be awesome!

Hohmann Family said...

I think you will love it! However, you might want to come up with some strapping device. My kids are wanderers when it comes to mealtime if they're not pinned down. This is plain awesome-sauce!