Saturday, April 7, 2012

oh the possibilities!

I just discovered the new photo image processing features on the Picasa software update I downloaded.  There are SO many options! I could spend all day playing with pictures.  And I'm not even really "into" photography - I'm pretty clueless when it comes to anything more advanced than point-and-shoot. But Picasa makes it super user-friendly.  Here are a few I threw together really quick:
Top left: original.  Then "Pencil Sketch,"  then "Polaroid," (notice I made the background match the color of her pants - the "color picker" tool is so fabulous!)  then... I forget what the bottom left one was called, but it looks like Brianna is radioactive.  Then the bottom middle is actually my veryvery favorite - it's all black and white, except I can make just ONE part colored! And change the brightness and size of the color. That could make for some really awesome pictures - I need to play with it more.  And the last one - just a "color boost." So fun for kid pictures. That's how I think they see their own lives - bright and vivid and exciting and magical.   And that's how I see the future of photo editing!  Sheesh - what's it going to be like 10-20 years from now?!!

No comments: