Saturday, October 1, 2011

Quick Trip to Ferron

During Brian's "staycation" from work (kindof a joke - he doesn't have time to use all his vacation days, so he just took half a Friday afternoon off)  we journeyed out to planet Ferron, in the galaxy of Emery County.   Yee haw!
I got to see my first real HORSE RACE.  I kept wondering if the horses were having a good time. I mean, *I* enjoy racing... but I don't have to carry a small jockey on my back with a whip...    Speaking of me racing - in the family pic, top right (Courtney's being blocked by Brian's arm - sorry Court) I'm wearing my shirt from the Peach Days 10K I did that morning. It was fun and funny. Quirky little small-town fun run. No timer, and the course directions were something like, "just turn by the Williams' place, then go towards the reservoir, then come by Millie's farm til you get back here."   Very intense. I got a great workout though because I kept getting chased by farm dogs.

The Millsite Golf Course is Ferron's biggest attraction - can't you tell how lively it looks? :)  kidding - actually, it really is a beautiful golf course, and makes for THE BEST run. Seriously. On the greens themselves (my legs lovelovelove running on golf course greens) and all the miles of trails surrounding.  A distance runner's dream. Here, Grandpa is giving Brianna a tour of it. She was a tough critic, but was quite impressed with the actual reservoir.   

Maybe not the safest swing, but I think it's so cute! And pretty durable... I bet it's been there at least a couple decades....
Brian's country home.  Where having half-naked barefoot babies roaming around is perfectly acceptable.
I think this is so sweet. Brianna and her Grandpa McKell. He's a lovable guy and she enjoys hanging out with him.
Bathtime in the giant jacuzzi tub!  You're welcome, Bennett, for the protective photo editing. 
The swings at the park in Ferron. Look at Brian multitasking - eating his Peach Days free dinner while letting Brianna kick him (her favorite game).  He has skills.  Gma and Gpa also did their swing-pushing shift. Check out that stormy sky - we had a good one that night! Lots of lightening. Country storms are exciting!
The babies' encounter with ol' Tuck. They practiced making their WOOF sounds at him and did lots of shrieking and slapping and pulling on him.  Tuck really enjoyed all of that.  More of their encounter can be seen on our YouTube Channel.
Fuzzy picture, I know - but it's not possible to get anything less than a blurry action shot with these two kangaroos!  Oh, and my cruddy camera skills too. Nevermind that. 
Rusted springs on a 20 yr old trampoline.... we're all about safety! (there's a cute video of them jumping on our YouTube channel) 
After 2 nights and 3 days of sugarsugarsugar and playing hard and very little sleep, Brianna crashed on the way home. She was a little hungover the next couple days.

3 comments:

the Gardners said...

Looks like lots of fun! And hey, check you out! You are looking good, Mama!

Marilyn said...

You are looking really good, Chelsea -- long and lean! It's fun to see pictures of my brother being so cute with his little grandchildren.

Becky said...

That looks SO fun! We love Ferron Res. It's beautiful up there!