Friday, October 14, 2011

Grapes don't grow in the grocery store

Produce hanging over the fence is free game, right? Or that is obviously just going to go to waste in some ungrateful person's yard, thereby making it my duty to rescue and give a good home to...

Ok so maybe it's stealing. But Robin Hood style, making it totally justified. :)

Really though, I love teaching my kids where food comes from. There's just something so wholesome about it. Someday, someday, someday.... we'll have our own big garden.

This morning, picking loads (about 16lbs!) of delicious dark sweet grapes with my kids this morning was rewarding for me and fun for them.

Bonus: now I have something to bring to the potluck at tonight's nickel auction, tomorrow's LLL workshop lunch potluck, and cousin Alli's birthday potluck. Because every event in Utah must incorporate food.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ha ha, I love that face.

Sam and Melissa said...

I LOVE Utah produce. Eat some peaches for me, please! I haven't blogged in so long, and I just saw YOU WON A TRIP TO GHANA! That is so crazy! Crazy awesome. I am so excited for you. You deserve it.