Sunday, February 10, 2008





Brian looked fabulous in his surgery suit. And he knew it. Dozens were witness to "the c-section dance." Heʻs got great moves. And seriously - that helped a lot. I wasnʻt happy about having an emergency c-section, but he lightened up the mood and made me laugh. He even WATCHED the whole surgery. Brave man. I was content to hide behind the big blue curtain. And by content, I mean crying, shaking, and basically freaking out. Apparently the anesthesiologist didnʻt like my overly dramatic reaction to being sliced open, so he knocked me out after she was born. Fine with me. By the time I woke up, I had my beautiful baby all cleaned up and ready to cuddle. Brian got the privelege of all the initial bonding. Now we just have to fight over her. Fortunately, at meal times, I always win. OH - her stats: 7 lbs, 14 oz, 19 inches.

1 comment:

Amy Hunter said...

Chelsea, I'm so happy for you! She is beautiful, such perfect skin! Let me know if you need ANYTHING. Judson was going through my red bag at church today and found the thank you note you made me. I laughed during sacrament at how cute it was! Take care!