Sunday, February 10, 2008

Beginnings of Brianna



So this is how the story started.... conception at Motel 6. Just kidding. Gross. Actually, my mom felt inspired on Monday (Feb 4) to start her drive down to Utah from Spokane, Washington. She got sick along the way (apparently, itʻs not a good idea to drink the water in Costa Rica) and had to stay at Motel 6 for two days! So I kept telling myself that I couldnʻt deliver til she got here (since Brian is in Vernal during the week). Mom finally arrived late Wednesday night. Brianna must have realized that I now had a ride to the hospital, since a few hours later (1:30 am Thursday morning) I woke up in painful contractions. Mom drove us to the hospital, which I later figured out was NOT a good idea. She had just taken a sleeping pill! So the drugged up mom drove her laboring daughter through the ice and snow in the middle of the night to the hospital.

No comments: