Saturday, February 23, 2008

Back to RUNNING!



Today made my top 10 list of best days of my LIFE. I can run again! Doc gave me the OK to go for it. So I went! And it was SLLOOOWW, but felt so amazingly good.
I was able to run up until month 7 of pregnancy, but then had to stop. I went through serious withdrawals. For the past 3 months, I have literally dreamt of running. I am SO excited to get back into it! And not because I still have 20 lbs to get rid of til I'm back at pre-preg shape... I love running in and of itself. Its like a drug, and I'm a junkie. I donʻt know if I will get back into racing 5K/10K/marathons again... I have a LONG ways to go before that is even an option. But I will work towards it. Anyone out there willing to volunteer to watch Brianna so I can squeeze in some miles during the day?!! :)

2 comments:

summer said...

ME!!!! Just wait until I am completely better and then bring her here so I can hold her while you go enjoy your running...I will just pretend that I am burning off calories with you!

Ashley said...

I would watch her if I didn't live in Oklahoma, I have a hard time fitting it exercise, it is sporatic, whenever I can get out and do it. That is great your doctor gave you the o.k. Mine wasn't as gracious until it had been at least 6 weeks, he is an older guy from the generation that is more careful.