Friday, December 22, 2017

The joy of giving

It's so awesome to see my kids get crazy excited about what gifts they're getting each other.  Brianna was doing her squealing-jump-up-and-down dance when she found the perfect gifts - LOL Dolls for Charity,  Shopkins for Courtney,  etc.  I'm so proud of her for earning all the money to buy things herself and buying it herself.  She worked hard and saved!
Courtney and Bennett got a little help from me 😉 They had a bit of money they'd saved,  but not enough at all,  so I made them a deal that if they spent a set amount of time working hard at doing chores and cleaning up at home, I'd let them pick presents they really thought their siblings would love and I paid for them. Pretty good deal,  eh? It's hard cuz I want to teach them the value of money,  earning it all,  what things actually cost....but I also want them to experience the joy of gift giving.  It's so fun to buy or make a present you know the other person will just love.  

No comments: