Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The moon photobombed the sun

So this Eclipse thing was a really big deal for a lot of people. Which makes me wonder if there's something wrong with me....because I really didn't care. Didn't travel for a better view,  didn't attend the Eclipse parties we were invited to, didn't buy the glasses...didn't even consider it. It's not that I don't understand what a unique cosmic event it was... it just makes no significant practical contribution to my life so it's not worth my limited time.
However, I do appreciate that the principle of Herd Immunity came into effect and other people's preparedness benefitted us. I got to use someone's glasses at the YMCA to view the eclipse (and snapped a picture - super professional), Brian used glasses at a nursing home he was visiting, and my kids borrowed glasses outside of tennis camp on their way out for a quick peek. 
So check ✔ Saw the eclipse. Wasted no time nor money on it. Lovely family memory created ....😉😯😕😆

No comments: