Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Sammy selfies

Stopped by for a quick visit with Sammy on our way home from dropping off Brianna's friend Kamryn who lives out in the valley. 
 Everytime I visit her and give her a hug and hang out with her and see her sweet little smile ....I'm somewhat overcome with feelings of love for my special sis. I dont want to leave her side. I imagine her miraculously healed and busting out of there to go on a run with me or go play at the pool or just have a real conversation where she can tell me all the things that she would have over the years if she could speak. It's so hard to see her with her trach. I can't imagine how stifling and bothersome that thing is. Or worse, painful. I really hate the thought of her being in pain. What torture - to be in pain,  or even just discomfort,  and not be able to help yourself. 
I feel guilty for not going out to see her more often. It's only about a 35 minute drive. And it always brings me such joy to be with her. I'm thinking I'll try to get into a routine where I go to the Valley YMCA for my morning workout once a week and then go see Sammy while I'm out there. 

No comments: