Saturday, October 31, 2015

Pumpkin Pacer 5K


   
We had a Halloween weather  miracle!
Rain was predicted for the entire day. And the early morning started off POURING.  But hoorayhoorayhooray... it all but stopped just in time for us to have fun at our fun run in Deer Park!

The kids loved it. They did 3 laps around the cemetery.  Then Cougar did the 5K too! Overachiever!


My time was 19:30. I was really hoping for under 19, but I don't know why I even thought that was possible, since I haven't been training at all. I was the 2nd woman....got beat by 40 seconds by this little high school girl. Grrrrr.
Next year. Next year she's going down.

There was a raffle afterwards and they totally scored. All the kids won something! It was random little things....toys, books, jewelry....and totally made their day.  Plus free Happy Meal coupons, so we hit up McD's on the way home. I feel so trashy walking in that place. But it was free, and they were hungry. Apparently the post-race pumpkin cookies weren't enough for anyone else besides me (who loved them TOO much).

I'm so grateful Brian is so supportive of this quirky hobby of mine. Hitting up local races every weekend just makes my world go round. And he's happy to go along for the ride. 










Found a random fellow LadyBug!
I tried to get Charity to let the grandma ladybug hold her, but she is a stubborn little ladybug :)
Wouldn't even wear the headpieces. Oh well. Next year she'll understand the concept of bribery more, and we'll likely have more success with getting her to costume appropriately ;)
Quite a few of my fellow Swifties there!  Fun to see them.
I don't realize how TALL I am until I see pictures... and then I remember. Oh yeah. I'm kinda freakishly tall.  Or they're freakishly short? Yes. That makes me feel better. Buncha shorties.

No comments: