Saturday, October 24, 2015

BRRC xc 5K

This was a really unique little race I got to do today. The Bloomsday Road Runner's Club does an annual Cross Country Series with 4 different events on genuine XC courses. Only one of the 4 is on a Saturday vs. Sunday, so I made a point to show up to it and thank the RD for having a Saturday race - and kindly encouraged him to move more of them to Saturdays :) Only about 30 people showed up, but I don't think they make efforts to really market it. At only $5, I'm happy to have walked away with a ribbon, water bottle, and a dang good speed workout under my belt. Especially since my last few races have been much longer - it's nice to do a 5K. Next weekend will probably be another 5K distance (debating between a few options), then a 10K the following week.
 I just love racing so much. The adrenaline rush, the competition, the awesome feeling of accomplishment... it's like a high I'm chasing.
 But the real highlight was watching the Kids' race - sooooo cute! My little ones raced their hearts out! Courtney insisted on doing so in her pink Cowgirl boots. Brianna gutted it out with a boy at the end, and it was a photo finish.
There was a big high school JV/Freshman race happening later, so it was fun seeing that get all set up. Definitely brought me back to memories from HS and college competitions!  Glad those are over and it's all just for fun now :)

No comments: