Friday, April 26, 2013

Chelly Belly

In a few more weeks, I'll look like this again.
Heck, after a big meal, I already do.

I hope I don't sound whiney. Cuz I'm trying not to be. This is EXACTLY what I want. Super duper happy to have #4 on the way. But couldn't we skip the whole getting-fat thing?

Cuz I don't get that cute basketball belly like other girls do. The best way to describe my belly is a bosu ball, on it's side. Long and thick and massive. And I get pregnant in my face and bum and basically all over. There's no way around it. I'm just going to be a blob for the next many many months.

Of course I'll keep up the running and weight training. And I eat super healthy. I kicked the sugar habit last Dec/Jan and haven't gone back since. But it doesn't matter. The muffin top will come regardless of the fact that I don't eat muffins.

But it's all good. I'm feeling fine - none of that morning sickness stuff. I decided to skip that part of pregnancy since I heard it's not very fun.  Brianna's super duper excited.**Here's a video** of us announcing it to the kids. Brianna has now come to term with the fact that it might be a boy and that's ok. Baby boys are awesome. Bennett, if he knew what was going on, would definitely agree. That little man needs a brother!  So send masculine wishes our way.

FAQ, answered:  I think I'm 12 weeks. Maybe more, maybe less. So maybe due around Halloween. Maybe Thanksgiving. Maybe Flag Day...(whenever that is)  Point: I don't know. And it doesn't matter enough to me to go rushing off to the doc. Whoever the "doc" is going to be. I've got some major healthcare provider and location choices to figure out, and it's waysuperextremelymaddeningly complicated in my little brain. So my solution thus far has been to not think about it! I forget I'm pregnant most of the time. Until I feel my belly and think, sheesh gf, lay off the muffins!  :)

9 comments:

Lemonpeel said...

lol! CONGRATS! I totally hear you! There is something really depressing about exercising like a boss and then stepping on the scale only to see it climb. I sort of secretly hate those girls that are super freaking adorable when they're pregnant. haha, oh well, at least there will be a cute baby at the end of it as a reward! booyah.

Jordan and Crystal said...

Awesome! Congrats! maybe its 4 and 5?

Julie said...

yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! Congratulations to the McKell family! i'm soooo excited for you guys!

Unknown said...

Happy! And if you are interested at delivering at Intermountain Medical Center in Murray I see Dr. Froerer at cottonwood obgyn. He's fabulous and made my number 4 delivery the best yet.

Rachel

Mary said...

Hooray and Congratulations! I look forward to reading all about it. :)

Megan Smith said...

Oh, I'm so glad you don't get the morning sickness stuff. Good choice on that one.

I can't wait to hear what you're having!! Also, good luck on the provider choices. With B (just before having her) I was really wishing I'd done a better job on that part because my doctor's office was pushing me in a direction I didn't want. It all worked out but it's a loaded decision. Whatever you choose: YAY for BABIES!!

Melanie said...

Congrats on your pregnancy!!I'm sure Grandpa McKell is thrilled for another little great- grandbaby!

Chelsea and Cody said...

YAHOOO!!! How exciting...I am preggo too! I am 13 weeks, due Nov 1. Only one babe:) Thank heavens! I'm excited for you, and yes, the fat part sucks, but the baby part rocks!

Amanda said...

That is wonderful!! Congrats to you and Brian. Good thing you bounce back from being pregnant like a pro and look like you never had kids! The hard work that has to be put in after having children super sucks (as I am in the midst of it)so I do feel your pain!

Let me just put in my two cents and give you my provider opinion...I did ob/gyn and inductions for first two kids and then a nurse practitioner/midwife (still in hospital delivery) with my third. The experiences were night and day! I really loved my midwife and I felt like she was there for me with anything I needed. Whatever you choose, I hope it is a great experience and you get the care you deserve!