Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Jumping wimp.

We always have an hour to kill a couple times a week, after I go to the gym and before we pick up Brianna from Karate-Preschool.  Usually we go to the grocery store, or a play at a park, or go to McDonalds so the twins can play while I use the free wi-fi and get work done.....
But today we just got to Miss K's home early and jumped on her trampoline for an hour.  It was lovely. At several points I just laid down and let the kids jump all over me. The sunshine felt amazing.
I wimped out on doing flips. The closest I got was a somersault.  What's wrong with me.... the older I get, the more cautious I am about doing anything risky. I'm even more nervous about where I go running. Years ago, I would've crossed any barrier, ignored any No Trespassing sign... now I stay on the trail. In daylight hours only. I could say I'm "doing it for the kids," since leaving them motherless would be a big bummer. But really, I'm just turning into a wimp.
Or, of course, I could just blame it on the pregnancy..... but I've always wanted avoid being one of those women... the ones blaming everything and excusing everything because of being pregnant. It's not that big of a deal. So there's a tiny person growing inside me. I should still be able and willing to flip around on a trampoline. And run fast. And lift heavy. And leap over tall buildings in a single bound. But no... I lazily lay on warm trampolines while 2 yr olds jump all over me.   What have I become....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay on a tiny person growing inside of you!

Hohmann Family said...

So how far along are you? I do the lazy jumping thing too. Only for me it's because jumping on a trampoline has really become hard! I weigh more than I did at age 10 AND I'm now the one doing all the "bouncing" that the kids want out of a grownup. It takes a lot of work to jump when three other little bodies are trying to jump with you and follow you around to take advantage of your "aftershock". :)