Sunday, August 18, 2019

Out of my children's mouths lately

I've been meaning to post this for a long time! I love documenting the funny things my kids say.  Here are snippets I've jotted down over the last year or so:
Bennett: "Hey Charity, do you think sin wins? NO!!!! Jesus wins."
Courtney: "I just can't stand it when the guinea pig gives me that cute look. I have to give her whatever she wants!"
Bennett: "Hey mom, I'm an exotic boy!"
Charity to Meredith: "Heeeey, you look familiar!"
Bennett: "I'm going to be overdramatic!"
Brianna: "ooooo, my hair is so incredibly amazing!!"
Courtney: "Let's have a flumb war with our flumbs!"
Charity: [after I ask her to please pick up something] "UUUGGGHH!!! I have to do eeevvverything!!"
Bennett: "Mommy I'm sad. YOU KNOW WHAT I NEED!! [puts his arms out to hug me].
Charity: "Hey we're passing that new costco, they're doing such gweat pwogwess!" 
"Mommy, I know you'd be so happy if I learned how to write my name and do all my letters, and jump higher than this" [demonstrates her best effort in jumping high]
Charity: "If I say please,  I get whatever I want!"
Courtney : "That cake looks so good! Well, not like good for my body, just like good for my mouth."
Bennett: " it's so cool that when you make mistakes, you learn more! And even when you make mistakes, your brain grows bigger!"
Charity: "I want a sandwich with butter and peanut butter and jam and honey and toast on it."
Bennett: "if a giant swallowed me,  I'd just hang on to his lungs and climb back up!"
Another one from Bennett:
"What if you were born wearing a shirt because as you came down from heaven they gave you a sewing machine so you made one while waiting in mommy's tummy! 
Charity: "Mommy, did you happy cry when I squeezed out of your belly? What was wrong with you, didn't you want it to happen?" 
Bennett: "Dear Heavenly Father, please bless us to get our blessings. And bless all the poor people not to be poor anymore."
Brianna: "I'm thinking I will give all my kids the same first and middle names so that it's easy to remember."
Bennett: (in reference to a guy encouraging us to donate money to a nonprofit organization) "Mom, I don't want to donate any money to them, because they don't believe in Prophets." 
"Courtney, we shouldn't quarrel."
Charity: "If I was a grown-up, I would just go to Chuck E cheese all the time. And if I was a bunny, I would just let everyone pet me all the time."
Courtney: "Wonderland workers shouldn't need to get paid. They should just be happy to work here!"

No comments: