Friday, December 16, 2016

WWW party!

The 2nd Annual Winfield Women's WhiteElephant party was a big success! I'm so glad that I chose to throw this again. I was feeling a little bah-humbug about it.... wondering if anyone appreciates it and if it's worth all the effort... but it ended up being so much fun for the ladies that came! Especially one neighbor, I had never really met her, but she told us that she had lost her husband on Christmas day 13 years ago. So since then, Christmas has been a really hard time for her. But she said that getting together with good people like us really helps her enjoy Christmas again.
So sad! I almost cried! 
It was worth every effort to throw this party (the hours pre-party running around like crazy getting ready) just to make this woman's  season a little brighter after such a tragedy.
 I love my neighborhood!
We played the game, "Never Have I Ever." Lots of fun! And the gift exchange was a blast. I'm already excited to do it again next year! 

No comments: