Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Family Calendar time!

 
The annual custom family calendars are DONE! Yay!
Usually I'm scrambling this time of year to get them finished and mailed out.
But I planned well ahead, and was strongly motivated by a great online coupon for printing these by Dec 7th at Walgreens. Usually I use Snapfish or Shutterfly, but I just realized I get free shipping (ie, in-store pickup in ONE HOUR!) at Walgreens.
I've been creating Smith Family Calendars every year since I was 13 or 14.
I think I've only missed a year or two between then and now.  I *think* most of my siblings appreciate them.
I know my parents do.
This way, there's no excuse to forget birthdays!

The bottom part of the calendars has a picture of each birthday boy/girl on their date. 39 Smith birthdates to keep straight!!
 The top part of the calendar is always a collage of pictures, and sometimes words/quotes/designs, etc.
Obviously this year it's a picture collage of family members holding up cardboard letters, spelling out the names of the months.
Kinda cheesy, but I had this idea literally 2 or 3 YEARS ago, and finally planned ahead enough to make it happens.
I had to take the pictures over the whole year, since I usually see most of my siblings about once or twice a year  (sheesh, does that sound sad? I just realized it kinda does. But that's how it goes when you get older and live far apart I guess! In fact, I recently went over 2 years between seeing Brady/Jocelyn and Brian/Becky's families!)


I'm posting just a few of the "month" pages as examples.

The whole project, start to finish - including verifying everyone's birthdays (cuz I've made errors in the past and it still haunts me) - probably took about 7 hours and cost $100 for printing 10 of them, thanks to my coupon. It's a labor of love, and I enjoy doing it!
 
 
 I also did a McKell family calendar for my inlaws this year!
I've been thinking about doing this for years, and finally did it.
I hope they like it!
And if they do... beware... they'll get a new one every year for a long time...   :)

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Becky and Brian said...

We love getting ours! Excited to see it!