Saturday, January 4, 2020

Running 20 🏃‍♀️

I've made a goal to run 1000 miles in 2020. That's 20 miles/week. The former speedy runner in me cringes at that little number... and the old lady in me cringes at trying to run back to back days 😂
I've always thought I'm doing other non running workouts to avoid overuse running injuries. But I'm not sure that's true. I think I can handle 20.
I'll be sure to do the other things I know prevent injuries.
I just really really do LOVE running. There are few other things I can do where I really feel like ME. Even though I'm not very fast, I still feel like I'm zooming. Not flying though... that's what I felt like when I used to be super fast. Like 5:30 pace on a cross country course. That was flying.
But it's ok. I don't have to fly... I just have to to run 😊
Here we go 2020!
...This is a wonderful excuse to go online and buy some new running shoes 🙌🥳😂

No comments: