Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ode to Vernal


A year ago I never would've imagined I'd do a post like this upon our Vernal departure. I figured I'd be too busy doing backflips and cheering.
But I've grown to love Vernal, and there are a lot of things I will miss:

My VernalMOMS play group!!! Fun, friends - this group MADE my time here.

The Uintah Recereation Center, just 2 blocks away, with all the awesome pools, slides, rock climbing wall, CLASSES, low rates, and fun childcare.









The Family Resource Center on 80 N Vernal Ave. I've been meaning to do a post about this place for awhile. I regret not taking more advantage of it. It's an amazing facility - like a library, except with educational toys and games! We went there a few times to "rent" toys. We also hung out there during the winter when we were desperate to get out. I still have their "Your Baby Can Read" program I need to return.
Brian's office at the airport. I hung out there a lot. The TSA agents are such cool people - I'll miss them.
The fun parks nearby - Independence, City Park, Naples...


The Chocolate Lab next door, Satch. Every day when Brianna would hear him bark, she says "atch, atch." So we would go next door and play with him through the fence. She loved letting him lick her face.

The beautiful Vernal temple, just a 15 minute walk from our house. I loved going each Thursday night, and loved the sweet older ladies that started to recognize me there. One even cried when I told her it was my last time there!

Brianna's sweet little buddy Addison, who she spent a lot of time with for a couple weeks when her mom and I traded babysitting. The cute neighbor boy, Wyatt, came over one day to play with them.





The list of what I will NOT miss about Vernal is much shorter, but still deserves some recognition, I think:

Going to the laundromat. Ick. I hated it. We had to use it about 4 times during our 16 months here (on the few weekends we didn't journey back to Utah County). I hated the wasted quarters, the hours of waiting, the smell, and the crap on the floor Brianna would inevitably find.
Though she looked cute in it - I hated having to bathe Brianna in a little bin inside the tub (since I didn't trust the old dingy tub to be clean enough).

And that's about all! Adios Vernal!

6 comments:

rouskafamily said...

Chelsea, we will miss you!! It is was playing volleyball with you, the team just won't be the same:). Hopefully I will run into at a marathon or two!! I will check your blog daily as that is how often you post, you are good at the whole blog thing. I did notice that you forgot to mention you would miss JEN!!! Mistakes happen I am over it. Good luck in your new adventures in life.

Marilyn said...

Isn't it amazing how a place you think you won't like wins your heart. We lived on the border of Texas and Mexico when we were in the Air Force in a place named Laredo. I hated the weather, the unpaved road, etc. but met some of the nicest people in the world.

Unknown said...

Um...ya, you did forget to mention that you were going to miss Jen! Both Addison and I are going to miss you and Brianna so much! Thanks for letting us get to know you two and exchange babysitting! We hope that all works out well for you in Cedar City. If you are ever in Logan, PLEASE give me a call!

BBS said...

You make the best of each place you live...figure out where to go and are involved. Best of luck and joy in Cedar City.
You were missed at the 85th b-day.

Anonymous said...

We will miss you smiling faces! It was great getting to know both of you, and hope that you'll come back to visit with us someday! ;0)

Mandy & Conner

Mandy said...

After reading your posts over the last several months, I knew you would miss Vernal! Cripes, after reading about the fun things you do there, you have me wanting to move there! :) You always impress me at how you go out and FIND things to do! You are an awesome mommy! :)