Saturday, September 21, 2013

Heart Run at Sugarhouse Park

This was Brian's 4th weekend in a row doing a Saturday morning 5K! We enjoyed cheering him on - the kids love it. I know he's enjoying it too. He actually credits this race with helping him overcome some back pain he's been having the past couple days. I don't know how that works.... but sure, let's give a 5K all the credit!

I hope he doesn't get TOO addicted and happily turns the privilege back over to me once I'm back in racing mode....someday..... (seems very far away at this point, considering I'm having trouble even keeping food down thanks to this huge belly causing severe pregnancy heartburn).

I love Sugarhouse Park. Though at times it feels a little dirty and there's usually at least a couple weirdos wandering around it, I feel like I've done so much running and playing there over the past 8 years of Utahn life that it's like home.
 
Here he is with some of his coworkers. They're the reason we chose to do this 5K (among the 6 other 5K options within an hour's drive - seriously, so many races in Utah!)   He wanted to support his company's effort to be involved, and wanted to have bragging rights on Monday :)  So although I was hoping to do the 5K in Ogden at the Dinosaur Park... this one made more family sense.  And the free Subway sandwiches post-race were a great perk, along with all the booths/tents doing various activities.

No comments: