Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fair

Saturday afternoon, after a very active morning, I informed the kids that if they each took a good nap, we could spend the evening at the county fair. Even though I'm pretty sure they had no idea what a fair was, it worked! They all napped. So we headed out around 7 and stayed til closing. So perfect- we beat the HEAT! It's been in the mid-90s every afternoon. So we went and enjoyed the free pony rides, petting zoo, exhibits, rides, and booths. I snapped a photo of the lower left image because it made me happy. Nice to see some support for the mamas! And to see the international breastfeeding symbol on the sign, not an image of a bottle with the words "nursing room," like they have at the slc zoo. So silly of them.
A funny: I totally wasn't going to buy tickets for the rides. Tickets were a buck each, and each ride required 3 or 4 tickets. So I wasn't going to pay 12 bucks for my 3 kids to spin around in a rickety germ infested tea cup for 60 seconds. But Mr. Bennett...the little wanderer who we lost track of every 5 minutes, came back from one of his excursions with a handful of tickets. Seriously. I was in shock. I looked around, trying to figure out where he snatched it. But there were crowds moving quickly everywhere. So the innocent thief got away with his crime and we enjoyed the rides, feeling a little guilty that Bennett might have been a pick-pocket somehow.
The kids were AWFUL on the way home- so whiney and demanding..."I WANNA DO IT MYSELF!!!"..."CARRY ME!!" (from all 3)..."I WANT CANDY!"... "SHE TOOK MY SEAT!"..."SHE CALLED ME A TATTLE TALE!"...
Not sure if the fun of the fair was worth the post-party tantrums.

No comments: