Thursday, July 3, 2008

Smith Reunion, Day 3

Though I woke up feeling a little "hung over" from yesterday's fun, I went on a great run through another of my old trails. Papa watched Brianna and helped her have fun in their toys. My parent's house is so baby-ready, it's awesome - they are fully stocked. Toys, babytub, diapers, wipes, carseat, strollers... I didn't have to bring anything!
Brian re-sized his visor and gave it to Brianna to wear instead of the cute bonnet. Hmph. I have a feeling he is going to be one of those Dads that refuses to allow his sons to play with dolls.
Today was LAKE DAY! We went through Priest River on our way to Sandpoint and stopped at a Hippie joint.
Then we spent the day on the beach of Lake Pend Orielle in the quaint town of Sandpoint, Idaho.
Becky, Jenny, and I had fun posing with our babies, then having their dads take over. Not-pictured is Meg/Steve and their baby Nathan, who is just a few months older than Brianna. So she has 3 boy cousins her same age!
Nonny really enjoys all her grandbabies, and she is SO much help. She took care of Brianna so Brian and I could enjoy the wave runners and take a swim a few times. It must be fun being a grandparent...just play with the babies til they're crying/hungry/tired, then give them back.

Becky and I figured out a way to get our babies to nap, since obviously they were out of their usual routine and were having trouble relaxing with all the fun going on. We just drapped towels over their strollers and went up and down the Boardwalk. Brianna still didn't get great naps, simply because I wasn't going to continue walking in 90 degree weather for 2 hours. But she crashed as soon as we got home, so I'm hoping she'll make up for it by sleeping in **crossing fingers**
There was a big log about 50 yards out into the lake that we liked swimming to. This is myself and Meredith, then Brian and I. Lindsay and I also went, but were attacked by Brady throwing seaweed at us. We could've handled it if Brian wasn't trying to tip us off at the same time...
Brianna really enjoyed just hanging out in the shade on a beach towel in her favorite outfit (Huggies). When she got hungry, she simply reached for her feet and chowed down.
On the way home we stopped at The Ram for Huckleberry Icecream... but little Connor (and several of the rest of the group) were too pooped!

No comments: