Sunday, September 25, 2016

Heading to the party

Mom and Dad have spent the last few months really making some grand improvements to their (already beautiful) country estate. With it now more party-ready, they volunteered to host a wedding reception for a family/ward friend, the Phillipys. The kids really enjoyed getting dressed up and heading out to the festivities! We parked at the bottom and hiked up, which is probably my favorite part. Cuz that's me.  And the chocolate vanilla cookies rolled in powered sugar and dark chocolate. Cuz that's also me. Unfortunately. 

These two are just the best. Brianna is an attentive, loving big sister. More than I ever imagined. It's fantastic, and I hope she keeps it up. And I wish she was this sweet to Courtney! Too close in age, I guess. One of the (many) things I'd do if I could go back in time would be to be kinder to my little sister. More loving and inclusive. Not that I was really UNkind, but I could've been so much better. And I think it would've made a difference. I listened to a TED talk recently and read an article both taking about the cause of addiction NOT being simply biological/neurological/physiologic....but more in the feeling of CONNECTION. Everyone needs to feel like they are loved, needed, and connected to their family & community, or they seek that feeling from elsewhere. Bad places. Or escape their feelings entirely with substances. I'm probably not stating this as eloquently or factually as the research and presentations did, but that's what I got out of it.  Anyway, I'm rambling. Story of my life.  YAY for sweet sisters :)

No comments: