Saturday, April 23, 2016

Checkup!

A couple months ago - around Brianna's 8th birthday, I realized she hadn't been to the doctor in....ever? Like since that time she put a rock up her nose. Or got her last round of immunizations before Kindergarten. And even then, they didn't do a checkup. Since our insurance covers an annual physical for everyone 100%, and Brianna had been ASKING to go to the doctor (I think she thought they give out prizes or something...or maybe she just wanted attention)... I went ahead and made an appt! With a PA, cuz the nearest Pediatrician is kinda far. And I don't have any more faith in a Ped vs PA for stuff like this. It was kinda ridiculous they couldn't get her in for 2 MONTHS.
Checkup went great- she's in the 75th percentile for height and weight. Eyesight, BP, and everything just perfect. I asked the PA to explain the importance of SLEEP to Brianna, since she likes to try and stay up too late:)
I'm so grateful for healthy children!!! What a blessing.

No comments: