Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Brianna's 8th birthday party

The celebration was a success! It's fun throwing a huge birthday party. 
And a ton of work. 
And kinda expensive.
And slightly exhausting.
But so much fun!!
Venue:  Jump n' Bounce in the Valley. I had actually never heard of it before, but found it while searching online for "bouncey places in Spokane for birthdays." I immediately booked the last slot available - and this was 6 weeks in advance! - and I'm sure glad I did! It's so nice to have the party AWAY from my house.
I mean... it's not THAT much harder to have it at home. It's just nice to let the kids REALLY get their energy out and just go jumpy bouncy crazy for a hour or two. I feel like kids NEED that outlet.  Heck, adults probably do too, we just don't tap into that. Anyways, so - great location, tons of party guests (17 jumpers!! Our limit was 15, whoops! And this was with 5 friends not being able to come! Gotta narrow down that friend list next time....)   Though Brianna enjoyed one result of a big party: lots and lots of presents! 
Her little friends were so generous. I was especially impressed with the time and effort they put into the cute cards they made for her!
I put a lot of time and effort and $$ into the menu. Zoom in on the cake - it's a giant homemade cupcake! HUGE - almost basketball sized. That was fun to create - and super simple clean ingredients. And pizza on the side? Heck no. Fruit, veggies, crackers. The kids loved it all! 
I got in on the velcro jumping wall action - so fun! It was hilarious to see Brian sticking the kids way up high. They had the time of their lives.    All in all, big success. The bar is set high for future parties (smart job, me....?!)

No comments: