Friday, January 1, 2016

Maddie the babysitter!

I feel like a moocher if I ask my parents/Mere/Meg to watch our kids too often - especially when it's for something I'm CHOOSING to be out for, not like YW obligations or things like that.
So I'm grateful I have babysitter options!
Especially one that's not LDS, so she's available at times all my YW have something going on!
Maddie lives nearby and is awesome. Such a sweet girl. She leaves the house as clean or cleaner than she found it, and does the exact activities I have laid out for the kids. Definitely earned her $30 tonight! (we pay $8/hr, then round up - like if we're gone 2.7 hours, I just call it 3).
Tonight I left them with a chart to fill out:  the kids got to choose books for Maddie to read to them, then they got points for each book. Points are redeemable for minutes on abcya.com or starfall.com (their favorite sites to play on...shh, don't tell them it's educational). Courtney wanted minutes of back-scratching instead of website minutes. She's such a cuddly girl - loves hugs and massages and tickling. Brianna does too. Bennett totally doesn't. Such a stereotypical boy.
I

No comments: