Friday, January 1, 2016

Out to the movies

We went to see The Mockingjay Part 2 tonight.  I really loved reading The Hunger Games series, and they've done a great job with the films, IMO. Though I'm a pretty easy one to please with movies, since I don't see very many, I'm easily impressed. Unless it's inappropriate/vulgar, I usually like it. Speaking of which... despite us posing with this Zoolander sign, I just want to clarify that I won't be watching it. Just thought the spinning sign was funny.
Going out to the movies falls under the guilty-pleasure category for me. I definitely enjoy it, but it's a huge waste of money - especially considering driving and babysitter costs. Waiting til the movie is out on Redbox saves a lot, and it's nice to watch at home on my own comfy couch, where I can check my texts without fear of people behind me hating me. But watching in-theater can't be replicated in terms of anxiety-inducing intensity.  I have to remind myself several times during the scary parts that it's NOT REAL. My heart gets racing so fast it's ridiculous. Speaking of ridiculous... we actually had to sneak into this movie! They told us it was sold out, but I was determined... so we bought tix for a different film, then walked into the Mockingjay. And yep, sure enough - found seats!

No comments: