Thursday, December 31, 2015

I saved Bennett from getting beat up

I was in the kiddie pool with Charity when I saw a boy go to his older brother and tell him, "that boy over there called me FAT!"  and the brother looked ready to pummel the culprit. Which, in some cases, I might be inclined to say - yeah, that's right, go defend your bro!.... but NOT when the name-caller they're pointing at is my 5 yr old boy. 
Yikes. 
So I jumped into action, got Bennett out of the pool and onto the "Think About It Bench"  (aka - Time Out). We talked about the various reasons why it's not ok to call others unkind names....even if it's true...
These reasons include - first, it's not nice. It's not what Jesus would want us doing. 
And if that isn't persuasive enough...
It could get you beat up by a kid's brother. 
So be nice.

Photo: Bennett having a Time-Out, unknowingly saving his life.  And next - him going up to the victim of his socially unacceptable honesty and making a forced apology. 

No comments: