Monday, December 14, 2015

Bountiful Baskets in Idaho

I haven't been participating in the co-op much lately.  
Sometimes because I don't know our Saturday plans....Sometimes because I DO know our plans and they won't allow me to be there for the pick up... and sometimes I just forget.
But I knew that this Saturday we'd have some time between the early morning Couer d'Alene race, and the afternoon plans... so we scheduled a BIG pickup! 
And went early to volunteer! 
I love doing this as a family. 
I think it's so good for the kids to see there are other ways of feeding us besides going to the grocery store  (or worse - restaurants). 
We came home with about 80 pounds of produce plus some of their goodies - baklava granola, Norweigan bread, and a Christmas box (nuts, holiday-themed produce, etc). 

No comments: