Saturday, September 12, 2015

Luau for Mom!

We celebrated Mom's day of birth Aloha-style!! I've been wanting to throw a luau for awhile now, since I've collected quite a stash of Hawaiian paraphernalia. Mom's birthday (and the impending cold weather) gave me the motivation I needed to get it going!

I keep saying "I", but I really couldn't have done it without all the help from everyone. Meg was awesome and did so much party prep, especially outside. Meredith was great, stopping at the store for the inevitable last minute needs, and showing up early to help, along with her bf Bobby. I paid him with Seahawks trinkets, his favorite.   Lindsay and Dave's troops journeyed over from Seattle, and Brady/Jocelyn sent a gorgeous huge Edible Arrangement to serve as our birthday "cake!" (mom's trying to eat healthier, and I didn't want to be responsible for sabotaging that, especially on her bday!)
Several of mom's friends came - Tompkins, Hopkins, Steinmetz, Housers, Larsens... and one of those Larsens was Blake - the "Balloon Baffoon" we hired to come entertain the kiddos! Though the giant inflatable Tropical Bouncy House I rented should've been sufficient, along with the snow cone (I mean Shave Ice) machine that the owner of All-Star Jump so kindly threw in at no cost.  We had island jams playing, some games, and lots of happy birthday wishes for the woman we all love so much - Debbie Smith.
Here's hoping for many, many more years of parties with my mom!!

No comments: