Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Last stop in Utah

Before we left, we definitely had to do a visit to Grandpa McKell! He's in Spanish Fork. Same home for....I don't know...50 years?! Talk about stability and consistency and predictability! He fits the "millionaire next door" profile perfect: simple life, solid healthy habits... he's a pretty amazing guy! Almost 97 years young :) I love visiting him. He makes us feel so welcome and loved. I especially appreciate that he's not a food-pusher. Those types are so awkward.... it's like HERE HAVE SOME COOKIES...before even saying HELLO.      Anyways....Grandpa played the organ for us! What a highlight. He's just an adorable old man - I hope Brian inherits his good qualities.

And I know what you're wondering.... why isn't everyone else in this photo lucky enough to have a bright neon shirt with puff paint writing?!  So sad for them.  But... it WAS Mother's Day. So I earned the privilege. I will cherish my "World's Best Mom" handmade shirt forever :)


No comments: