Saturday, April 25, 2015

Red Carpet, Lutheran style

Our kids have attended a few fun events at a local Lutheran church. No worries - we're not about to change faiths here. These McKells are solid.
But I just love this church's Easter and Christmas-for-kids programs, and their summer Vacation Bible School.
 All their programs are free, so I haven't had the opportunity to give BACK to this organization.
 I don't enjoy feeling like a moocher.
So when I saw they were having a big fundraiser evening event, I jumped at the chance to buy tickets!
Which normally I would definitely think twice about, at $70/couple.
But I'm so glad we went - it was lovely. I had never been to the Manito Country Club - at $10K/yr member fees, it wasn't exactly a Smith family hangout while I was growing up.
 But that was the venue for this event, and it was gorgeous! The grounds were amazing.
There was a live auction, silent auction, raffle, dinner, live entertainment, and we even met another LDS individual there!
Brian got VERY into the live and silent auction - I think he enjoyed the bidding process, and we ended up buying a few fun items.
Overall - super fun date night.
And the kids had fun being babysat at Dad & Mom's.

No comments: