Wednesday, October 8, 2014

How to watch LDS General Conference while burning calories....

I got Saturday morning's session in while on the stairclimber at the gym.
The kids enjoyed the childcare, Brian hung out in the lobby watching on his ipad, and we all had a much more productive day than we would've if we tried to stay at home for this!
 
On a related note, I really love the Saturday sessions of General Conference. I find the talks to be so much more personally meaningful to me than the Sunday session, typically. Maybe because the Sunday sessions cater to a broader audience?
I don't know.
But my favorites were Elder Christofferson's talk on "moral relativism" (resenting or choosing not to believe truth doesn't mean you won't still be accountable!) and Sister Esplin's talk on the Sacrament  (I need to come better prepared so I get more out of this amazing weekly ordinance).
 
And I was so pleasantly surprised with Elder Klebingat's talk when he called us all out on taking better care of our bodies. I wish more Church Leaders would emphasize this, because I believe the mind-body-spirit connection is stronger than most realize. I know I can do much better in that area! And in a basically ALL other areas....  sigh....

No comments: