Friday, August 15, 2014

Tiiimmmbbbeeerrr!

 
 
The crazy wind storms lately have taken a toll on our big Spruce tree! 
One branch down on our side, and the other opposite it down into the neighbor's yard!
Fortunately, no other damage occurred.
And our neighbor is a sweet retired guy who was happy to help us haul it away. 
He saved most of the limbs for doing woodworking projects with!
Dad and Connor came over with a chainsaw and helped as well.
 
A couple of our tomato plants got smashed a little, and my row of marigolds look beaten up.
 
I love that our new home came with garden grow boxes already in place! Though I've officially determined that gardening is NOT an economically sound choice considering the cost that goes into it and the prices I can get organic produce from at co-ops and Greenbluff..... still I want to always do a little bit - just for fun and educational purposes.

No comments: