Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Highlight of their day....

Cones at the Colbert store!

Just a buck for the yumminess.

I know why I like taking them here so much.... it's a combination of wanting to support local business and wanting my kids to have the same happy memories *I* have.  
I remember as a child being SO excited when my parents would take me to Theno's Dairy in Woodinville (near Seattle).
There was a giant cow outside that Mere and I loved to sit on.
And the ice cream was legit - homemade, thick, creamy.... the real deal.
Colbert store does Dreyers brand, which is fine.
It's more about the experience than the actual product.
I was so sad to learn that Theno's closed down a few years ago.
They couldn't stay open
 (DARN YOU BASKIN ROBBIN TYPE CORPORATE PLACES!!!)

So we will do our part to make sure the Colbert Store stays open so our children can have the fun we did :)

No comments: