Monday, May 12, 2014

Bennett tried to harvest Papa's veggie garden a little too early....

My heart sunk today when my Dad called me down from our apartment telling me that all the plants in his garden had been pulled up.
I knew it either had to be the fault of my mom, or my twins.
 And since mom doesn't like to get her hands dirty.... had to be the twins.
Which is then also MY fault, since obviously I wasn't watching them while it happened.
And I NEED to be watching them. 24/7. Somehow.
Ugh.
WHY MUST THEY BE SO DESTRUCTIVE?!?!
Yeah, they're 3 year olds... but c'mon... it's so hard keeping them from terrorizing everything in their paths. It's like they wake up each morning and plot out how they're going to make my life harder.

We figured that Bennett was primarily responsible for this particular bout of devastation, so he got to go with Papa to Big R, buy new vegetable plants, and help re-plant them. I hopehopehope he learned a lesson somehow, and this won't happen again. I know I sure learned some lessons:  that my dad is very patient and forgiving!
And that I need to find the toddler leashes and go back to tying the twins down again....

They kinda look cute though down there together digging in the dirt, don't they?!
This is the view from the apartment attached to their house that we get to stay in.