Saturday, March 29, 2014

Papa Visit

  So glad dad's here! He's in town for his mom's 91st bday.

My kids loved every second of their Papa's stay with them. Courtney repeatedly offered to let him share her room, and even graciously got out the extra crib-sized mattress for him.

Mom and Lily were supposed to come along, but Lily was in the hospital with pneumonia. My Dad felt guilty for coming anyway, but it's good that he did - all his other siblings were in town and it meant a lot to my grandma to have all her kids here. 
I got to watch my Dad and his brothers say goodbye to each other Sunday night, with a group hug featuring gorilla noises.  Very touching. 

Dad was a superstar here - he fixed our swing set, a broken folding chair, and a desk. His visit also motivated me to get the house clean, which is my favorite result of having guests over. 
PLEASE - family - come visit me so I'm motivated to make my house look prettier!  :) 

No comments: