Friday, February 14, 2014

Laundry napping

We've discovered that having Charity nap next to the w/d makes for excellent white noise, and does a great job of drowning out the noise of siblings. And she has some noisy siblings.
It's funny to me when I stop and think about how different having a baby the fourth time around is than the first. I have no idea how long and at what times Charity sleeps. And she's always in a different spot....sometimes in the carrier, sometimes my lap the whole time cuz I'm working on the comp, sometimes on my bed or her little bed, sometimes on her little bouncy chair... I give very little thought to it. Zero stress involved.  But rewind 5-6 years ago, and I actually kept NOTES... I was totally aware of when my baby did what and where. And I cared. I thought it was important. I worried about silly things like habits. I believed all the hype I read.
I'm not saying one way is better than the other, or that a superior method of parenting even exists. I'm just saying that it's kinda fascinating to me to stop and consider the differences in now vs then.

No comments: