Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Making play dough

This is one of those projects I've been meaning to do for literally YEARS. But with commercial playdoh being so cheap, and often given to us as presents, and infrequently brought out by me cuz I hate the messes.... the homemade project version hasn't been a priority.
But while doing my "nesting" around the kitchen I discovered that I had a small bag of flour, old food coloring, and a container of cheap salt that were pretty old and had literally never been used and had a 99.9% chance of never ever getting used. So all I had to do was buy the Cream of Tartar and we were set!
Brianna LOVED the project. She's just at that age where everything like this is SO fun and exciting.  Her excitement is contagious for Courtney (but not so much for Bennett).  We watched a YouTube tutorial on how to do it, and it turned out perfect.
And then of course, I turned my back for a bit too long and playdoh pieces somehow ended up in their hair, tucked in their play purses, trapped inside some lego pieces, and of course scattered on the floor and stepped on. Joys of playdoh.

No comments: