Saturday, October 26, 2013

Spankys with my spankees

Just kidding. They aren't spankees (meaning=one who gets spanked). The thought of ever hitting my kids makes me shudder. I prefer punishments that I actually benefit from, like making them clean something or go to bed early :)
So anyways, last night we went out to Spankys in Bountiful. Cute little sandwich/icecream shop. VERY much old-school mom-and-pop style, but not with that cutesy feel to it. More like Vernal style restaurants (crappy customer service, unprofessional, nothing amazing about the food, etc). So if you're an uptight snooty person, you won't enjoy this place.
We got a coupon in the mail making it a killer deal to get subs there, so we went. Which my kids loved, but I've always had a disdain for restaurants in general. Chain restaurants especially, but overall - going "out to eat" is not something I've ever really gotten a kick out of. But like I said - they LOVE it. And tend to actually finish their food better.... so it's a win.
Another reason I was happy to take the fam out: I'm HOPING (praying!) it's our LAST Saturday night as a family of 5. I better be in labor or recovery by this time next week!!! :)

No comments: