Monday, September 2, 2013

Ready to run in park city!

Since I'm now 31 weeks pregnant, I don't even think about doing road races. 
A good easy terrain trail race would still be tempting, but a 5K on hard surfaces?
Not happening. 
So I told Brian that for the next couple months, it's HIS turn!
 Which he pretends to be annoyed at, but I know he secretly enjoys it.
Last night he said casually, "So... which 5K am I running tomorrow?"  and I had not mentioned a THING about doing a race! 
That was his subtle way of admitting he was excited about it.
He did great!
And we had fun cheering him on.
Our kids LOVE going to races.
Probably something to do with the post-race prizes and snacks, and just being OUTSIDE in new venues.  
I definitely had a twinge of envy seeing the first girl cross the finish line. I can't help but think of whether or not I could've beaten her (assuming pre-pregnancy fitness level).  Looking forward to getting back in running shape someday!  I should start checking out the Spring 2014 calendar and plotting out some good ones.....

1 comment:

Jenna said...

congrats of the pregnancy that is nearly over! enjoyed catching up on your blog!