Friday, September 6, 2013

Date with James Taylor! And those MoTabs!

The James Taylor concert was AAAAMAZING!
Totally worth hanging out in the Standby line for 90 minutes.
Which I did after having to park SIX blocks away and walk to Temple Square.  I had no idea if I'd get in or not, but there was enough room and all the Standbys got in!
Then, as I've often done in the past at concerts and other events, I snuck down to better seating. The trick is to just act like you totally know what you're doing.  So I was about 30 rows from the stage.
The Choir was incredible, and the Utah Symphony was beautiful. Even the organ solo was really entertaining, surprisingly (I don't especially enjoy the sound of organ music usually).
James did a bunch of my favorites - the Carolina songs, Up on the Roof, and the finale - Shower the People - literally gave me goosebumps. He got a standing ovation from the 23,000 member crowd several times during the concert. Hope he felt loved by the Mormons!
 
Is it so weird that I went by myself? We tried to find a babysitter last minute, but no luck. So I went solo! I thought about calling up some friends... but I knew I'd have a better chance at sneaking down to good seating if I went alone :)
 

No comments: