Sunday, September 8, 2013

Cooling off with hot food

Today is the first day in months that it hasn't been a bazillion degrees, so I decided I should get back to cooking. I've been avoiding the oven big time, especially for recipes like this that require its use several times. Toasting the walnuts, toasting the Great Harvest bread to make crumbs, then of course baking. But for Walnut Encrusted Herb Chicken, the effort was worth it! So good. We roll the chicken pieces in vegenaise before the herb/crumb mixture. Served with brown rice and cantaloupe from the Farmers Market, and dinner is a hit with everyone! On my way to redeeming myself after slacking way too long. Pardon Brian's expression. I told him to look hungry and excited....

2 comments:

Ioana said...

That looks pretty good! Yum! It was nice bumping into you the other day at the library!

Lemonpeel said...

lol! amen on the hot weather! I finally felt normal yesterday while Kyle was freezing to death (all the windows open and fans going etc.) oh cool weather how i love you! ps that chicken looks AMAZING.