Sunday, February 10, 2013

The opposite of paranoid is....

Me. I'm the opposite of paranoid. And I'm not sure that's totally a good thing or a very bad thing. I just wonder if I'm the only one who feels this way?
I'm talking about posting pictures online of my kids. Even ones like this, in the bathtub, half nekked. It doesn't concern me in the least. Even when I see hits on my blog from weird countries. Doesn't bother me. I'm pretty sure here on my public blog somewhere, there'd be enough information for someone to figure out where we live, if they really wanted to. Or at least places we go everyday. And I'm still not concerned. Statistically, like 98.7% of bad things that happen to children are at the hands of relatives, not strangers. Plus there are 8.9 million blogs out there, so the chances of anything bad happening to my children as a result of this tub pic are pretty remote. They're literally more likely to get hit on the head by a coconut on our next trip to Hawaii. And if all else fails, we're proud gun owners here. Yay 2nd Amendment!
But seriously, I totally understand moms who don't feel this way. Who feel the opposite. The ones who never post their children's names or pictures anywhere online and strive to do what they think will be helpful in protecting them from the crazies of the world. I get it. I'm not judging - saying one way or another is right. We all gotta trust our mama instinct and do what we feel makes the most sense.

5 comments:

Laura said...

That creepy visit from someone in the Netherlands is me.

But seriously, you are awesome. I love this post. I am a creepy blog stalker (but not a CREEPY blog stalker) and I hate it when people I barely know go private because they have a baby and they think someone is going to track them down from the internet and steal their baby or something. How am I supposed to read about their lives??? It's like it's all about them or something :) :)




Lemonpeel said...

nope you're definitely not the only one. I've never understood the fear, I post pictures all the time of Lily... and I even use her name in my blog - GASP! I've never been worried about it, ever.

Cassie said...

You did type the word pubic instead of public so you might get some more hits than normal for this post lol ;)

chelsea mckell said...

AHHHH! Cassie, thank you! Although I pride myself in not having typos on my blog, so this really burst my bubble.

Laura - I saw on FB that you're in the Netherlands, so COOL! (cheesy, I know). I keep my blog public just for you. Because it's all about YOU!

Melese - so glad I'm not alone!

Hohmann Family said...

Well, I haven't posted the pic of Patrick asleep and naked next to his bed, but only because it's not decent for anyone outside the family. But this kind of thing? I'm fine with. I'm just not sure how you manage to keep the water in the tub with all of them in there. Mine always ends up on me or the floor...