Sunday, January 27, 2013

Road trip storm

We're going  30 mph on an 80mph road. This picture doesn't show it well, but we're in a terrible snow storm. Wind, snow, ice, and already we've passed 5 cars that slid off the road. We've still got 150 miles til home. But I know we'll make it, cuz Brian's behind the wheel. He's good. Way good at this. I'm terrible. I complimented him on it, and he said, "I spent 7 years seeing the consequences of people not be careful on the roads. It's big business, and I don't want anyone making money off me." So there you have it! Brian's motivation for excellent winter driving.

Update:  We got home at 1am.  So it took 15 hours to get from Chandler AZ home to Bountiful, when it should've been 11 hrs.  I'm superduper grateful we made it safely - unlike the dozen or so cars/trucks/semis we saw stranded or being towed out of ditches on the side of the road. Insane out there.  Those Snowbirders know where they're doing.... shoulda stayed in AZ til Spring!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Go B! Man I hate driving in snow storms - freaks me out - whether I am driving or someone else is! Was this coming from St. George? or where were you guys?

Ioana said...

So happy you got home safe! I was gonna text and ask, but you beat me with the update.:-)

Hohmann Family said...

You probably hit this in the passes just after St. George, huh? I've been there - not fun. Glad you all got home safely.