Monday, January 7, 2013

Job perks.

Most jobs have some sort of "personal perk" (for lack of better term). For example, if your husband is an accountant, you don't have to pay for CPA services like most people do. Or if your hub is a medical professional of some sort, you have access to that care free. When my Dad worked for Cellular One/Cingular/AT&T while I was growing up, we were one of the first families to all have cell phones. And he traveled a lot so we earned reward miles. When I worked for United Way, I got to go to lots of business parties - free catered meals, and I often won door prizes (once, a diamond pendant!) When Brian worked for Enterprise, we got to be a one-car family, since he got a company car for his daily commute. And there was that lovely office Lost & Found box... ;) But since he's started at Cintas, I've been kinda bummed. No personal perks. Just a job. He manages the guys/gals that sell First Aid products to businesses and keep them code-compliant with OSHA.  Travels only occasionally and doesn't even get to collect the miles!  No no perks.... until NOW!





Check this out - free expired First Aid products! BOOM! He brings home the stuff they have to discard. And expiration dates are just a formality to cover the manufacturer's backs, right? Things like burn pads don't suddenly lose all effectiveness the day after those printed numbers tell you it's old. It came in handy today - I burned my hand on a pan (go figure - they're hot out of the oven). And right there on the table was a stack of these little hydrogel soothie pads. I stuck one on, and POOF - no more ouchie. So hooray for Cintas employment! Free first aid for life (though hopefully we won't need it often!)

1 comment:

Hohmann Family said...

I loved the lost and found box.... I also loved being able to clean my car easily and for free. Miss those days. Glad to know the soothies work!