Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Nickel Auction Night!

Easily my favorite monthly activity, and the best GNO ever. Nickel Auctions make my world go round.
Just like last year, I hosted the December auction. But unlike last year where we had 8 women show up, tonight we had 23! Including my cousin Krissy from Spokane, that was fun. I had Brian take the kids over to the Tanner's home, so he and Steve could manage the 6 crazies while Becca and I had fun.  Such a weird auction though - only about 5 women brought stuff to sell! Usually it's 8-10, and we're there for 3 hours. Tonight was like 90 minutes, and that included long breaks between sellers, giving ladies a chance to enjoy the potluck  (I made crockpot full of homemade chili, and it was GONE!)  So, thanks to supply & demand, my stuff sold great. I think I made like $15 bucks!  I sold a few things I wouldn't have wanted the kids to see.... but of course they'll never notice it's gone.  And while other people were selling, I rushed and went through my closet, grabbing out a bunch of clothes to sell  (rule: if you haven't worn it in 2+ yrs, time to get rid of it!!)
Lovelovelove Nickel Auctions.  Best form of recycling out there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss Nickel Auction! Some of my favorite evenings!